Martyrs of Destiny

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Martyrs of Destiny
Martyrs of Destiny
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hardest PVP encounters

3 posters

Go down

Hardest PVP encounters Empty Hardest PVP encounters

Post  Spanudiez Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:51 pm

Hey guys,

Decided to make this thread so we can get better at pvp, which we all enjoy (I hope). We all can discuss here solutions for our worst class enemies. Just post here your class and the class you have hard time beating and me and hopefully the rest of the community (don't lol) will discuss some strategies

So in order to break the ice, I'll start. I'm a disc priest and I am really having a tough time beating skilled enhancement shammies. As a disc priest my best defense is my pw:shield and a shammy removes that fast with purge. Sadly I cannot shield again for another 15 seconds and his burst is like huge. Also he can interrupt most of my heals with wind shear which has afaik 6 seconds cooldown and he can also purge my renew dot.

The only strategy that worked for me till now is :

Glyphed Inner Fire + Inner Fire talented : this gives me a huge buff to my armor and Inner Fire is undispellable. It's not breathtaking but I don't get bursted that fast anymore.

Silent Resolve with Pain Suppresion makes me resist 95% dispel mechanics for 8 seconds. After that it's only the passive bonus of 30% from SR. It helps ALOT.

My current pvp talent build at 67 : http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bxuMzhGioIoffot0g and what I'm aming for http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bxuMzhGioIoffot0g.

When fight starts I go like this : hit my dots on him while running, make sure my shield is up before I pop pain suppresion. Fear him, this gives me enough time to hit a holy fire cause he usually trinkets, if he trinkets to fast I get my spell canceled cause I'm hating when my holy school gets locked. Now I either cast mind blast or mind control in hope he'll interrupt me so I can use holy shock/smite/penance freely. At about 60% mana I pop and shield my shadowfiend while I continue kiting (as in running and screaming).

If I know his wolves are not on cd, then I hold my fear for them and simply dot him, pop my trinkets and kill him asap. I always try to use fake casting so my holy school won't get locked. I also spam sw:d at every cooldown.

This works most of the time but if at the end of PS the shammy is not dead (and he knows how to play) I usually end up eating the dust. I'm thinking of switching taioring to eng for the extra burst.

Hope you guys have some suggestions and looking forward for your worst pvp encounters.

Cheers,
Diez

Spanudiez

Back to top Go down

Hardest PVP encounters Empty Re: Hardest PVP encounters

Post  Spanudiez Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:52 pm

C'mon guys, throw me a bone here, I know you can't kill everything.

Spanudiez

Back to top Go down

Post  Reknaw Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:47 am

Im not generally doing any pvp at the moment, and as a newbie pvper, i would say that nearly all encounters for me prove fatal and end very quickly. I still got lots to learn or just play a better class than pally Smile
Reknaw
Reknaw
Admin

https://martyrs.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeffyboii Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:04 am

I Really Cant Help Out At This Moment I Havnt Been On In 8 Months So Idk What All Got Changed And What PvP is Like Now
Jeffyboii
Jeffyboii

http://www.myspace.com/jeffy_boii

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum